Friday, June 10, 2005

Chootu....Back from the VET

The title if you are wondering is the name of my little pet Hamster. It was my graduation gift from my mother. Although a pet, he is literally the center of attention in my house. My dad especially, is crazy about him and looks after him like a grandson. Yeah thats what my mom keeps telling me "Son, u better get married and give ur dad a grandkid". Then i give back a wry smile and tell her "Mom that can be achieved without marriage". Yeah i guess you know what happens after that....i get back a nice slap on the back.

Yesterday, chootu went to the Vet to get operated on a small non malignant tumour on his belly. Yeah! That sounds pretty serious. It seems mice, hamsters and guinea pigs are highly prone to cancer, which is why they are used extensively in cancer research. Can you imagine a little animal not more than 3-4 inches in length going under the surgeon's knife. Everything from the the anasthetic to the medicine has to be administered in the minutest of quantities.

Both my mom and dad took off from work to look after the li'll fella...I could actually picture a scene from a hindi movie where the parents are pacing back and forth outside the operation theatre :).Well so far everything went off well and much my relief the little guy came back safely. Three cheers to Chootu....hip hip hurray!

Machee

2 comments:

3 potties said...

Machee,

good to know Chootu is fine and back on his nutty diet.

btw, "i get back a nice slap on the back"...looks like a ur mom is all for the idea of the premarital grandchild! :D

another thing, have u found a date for Chootu? i've heard hamsters are quite active and put rabbits to shame!

Iyer

3 potties said...

Iyer, find a date for me first.Then we will think about chootu.

Machee