Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wannabe Salesman

An entertaining email received by my company from a NUS undergrad looking for a sales position.
Love his enthusiasm, and that’s all there is. There was no resume attached.

Iyer



Dear Sir/MS,

This is Xxx Zzz from NUS, Singapore.I am currently a year one student of chemical engineering, but I am very very keen in sales and business.I believe in that a man who can do sales well can surely get a lot of money and achieve his goal of the life.For me, my main goal in life is to become a great salesman(which also allows me to have my own business), and earn 1 million dollars(the lowest amount) by 26(currently I am 20).

Since you are a start-up company as I know, I am wondering if I can join your team and we together make a better future for tomorrow.

My advantage is that I have very very strong desire to be successful and is a strongly self-motivated people, which I believe is needed greatly in any field of business.Besides, I am crazy with learning and love the feeling of making myself knowing more and more.I make goals for my daily life, school life as well as my business life.So I believe I can soonly adapt to your company culture and attribute to your company business as soon as possilbe once I joined in your big family.

Looking forward to your answering,
Thanks,
Xxx Zzz

5 comments:

Ranj said...

I am eager to know your answering :)

Unknown said...

One more person interested in u r 'answering', Iyer!!!!

3 potties said...

Why don't you tell me what i should do with the person. How wud u read this email?

Iyer

Unknown said...

sounds like you can get yourself some slave labour there ;)

3 potties said...

who wudn't want a millionaire slave???

i love his enthusiasm, but he doesn't seem to have a clue WHAT he has to sell at the company!

I have requsted for his resume and told him to keep a look out for what's happening at our end. You never know, he might get lucky!

thanks for dropping in Mark.

Iyer