Sunday, July 03, 2005

Yamunotri - My River of desire

I hear the river, the river calls for me
All these years,the river froze for me
And the river never belonged to me

Yet,its only me who crossed it not too long ago
To find a heart, only to lose a feeling
A feeling so pure, A feeling I ignored
A feeling that can cure, the pain I abhorred

Now,the feeling is back and it feels so unreal
all those days of numbness seem to disappear
my senses have gained clarity
and my thoughts have separated the parity

and I am anxious and nervous
Like ever before,and yet never before
I'm watching my step, I'm watching myself
with hope in my heart and no dope in my mind

I am ready to cross the river again,
cos' the river now belongs to me.

The river that calls for me.



Lolly

7 comments:

Shuchi said...

A very hopeful feel to it...simple yet strong...

I could sense and see the picture of an adult tranforming to a child ...uncertain yet pure hearted..scared yet determined..when you said..
"I'm watching my step, I'm watching myself
with hope in my heart and no dope in my mind"..lovely lines...

Hmmm..like the thoughts of a hurt lover..ready to takre the plunge again...someone whos tears dried up but he is ready to cry yet gain..

Nice..the emotions seem a bit clipped tho..like it needed smthin else in the end...not sure what but it sounded like the desires were not clear..as tho you yourself didn't know what lay beyond the river..or at the river..

Maybe that wud be the sequel..:)..cheers...

3 potties said...

Thanks for the comment.

Desires are meant to be clipped and un clear

And no desire exists on its own. its connected to the past and trying to connect with the future.

But yes it might appear clipped to a reader.


Lolly

Shuchi said...

Fair enough..

...your desires would always be a mystery to others..and best left that way..

..overall..a good read...

*you may now have a good nights sleep:P*

3 potties said...

Lolly,

after a dry spell this is a simple, hopeful poem...
parts of it have have the rap beat and pace, parts are still rusty, reluctant to move...

good to know the spring is back in ur heart ;) this time, take the dip in the river!

and have a good trip to Manila...for sure its not all for business!!!

iyer

3 potties said...

Hey Lolly,

Thats seems like a poem from your heart.Usually most of your poems are a bit beyond me. But this is one poem i can relate to and feel for.

So whos the heart beating for this time ???

Machee

3 potties said...

I'm glad you liked it machi.

iyer,
U seem to have known what my trip is for better than me?
But yes it was a light poem.


Lolly

3 potties said...

Hey Iyer and Machee,

Any plans of publising your poems and short stories...do tell me..I will be your agent...

Machee