Tuesday, October 11, 2005

DVDs on Demand

A few months back, I and Iyer were discussing about Netflix and how its business model was perfect for Singapore. It turns out that there are two online firms that have already emulated Netflix's model here in Singapore, namely HollywoodClicks and Homepal. I have just signed up for a 14 day free trial with Hollywood clicks. They charge a flat rate of 35$/month and you can borrow 3 DVDs at a time. I guess i can see for myself how well they have adapted Netflix's model to Singapore.

Machee

1 comment:

3 potties said...

Machee,

my experience with such kind of services...eg. Netflix was "DVD Enqueued" rather than "DVD On Demand"

You'll spend months waiting for ur favs to arrive, while u watch crappy fillers...

nevertheless, worth it.

njoy

Iyer