Wednesday, October 05, 2005

3 Questions

People change, seasons change (Singapore excluded) and so do the potties.

When we started the 3 potties saga back on the 2nd of April 2005 we thought we should be polite and all and introduce ourselves. This being a humble suggestion from Lolly (the perpetual showman). When I re-read that particular introduction, something jumped right out, like naked butts in a nun conference (for example lah). And I quote the description for Vice Man 1 aka Machee (the perpetual snowman).

Who am I : Dreamy drooler, not sure at times if asleep or awake.
What I want : tender loving care and thousand different ways to get that
What I get : a pat on the back

Well, well. Six months ago Machee was really like a snowman - with a hard carrot and bleak snow all around.

Something happened then. The snowman shrugged and in a blink he lost all - except the hard carrot - all that had kept him rooted in that loveless dessert. A couple of pounds of curly hair was shed and the snowman was off, like a rabbit, looking for green pastures.

Now what changed him and where all he wandered we may never know. The pace of change has left the other potties in the swirling dust (or snow). As I see him jump up and down various rabbit holes, I am reminded of a brilliantly funny dialogue by Vivek in the movie Anniyan.

He says “Poonai paal kudikumaanu partha, ingai beere adikarathe da!” - I wondered if the cat will ever drink milk, but I see it gulping down a beer!

In fact, our Poonai/cat is having two beers and there is no sign of the burp.

And while I wait, I wonder what the answers to the three questions are - Who is he? What does he want? And of course, What is he getting?

Iyer

4 comments:

3 potties said...

aptly written.. I like the snow man - rabbit transition.. fits him perfectly.

He was a dud... now he is a stud
What he wants.... is what he gets
and what he gets... is what we need ;)

This year surely belongs to Machee--- blowing away my long hair or Rohini Nakshatra or even the strawberries :)

The Poonai is not only having any ordinary 2 beers he is having Karo Na (Corona)


Lolly

3 potties said...

I will try to give you answers to the first two questions in my next post......as for what I am getting that you will keep hearing from me directly and is only for the potties hearing pleasure only.

Machee

Ranj said...

LOL at Lolly's comment!! The 3some is hilarious ;)

3 potties said...

ranj: good to see Vivek's fans drop in!

iyer