Monday, May 30, 2005

This is my letter to the world


THIS is my letter to the world,
That never wrote to me,
The simple news that Nature told,
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!


by Emily Dickinson

----------------------------------

As Valentine's day gift, I received a book of poems by Dickinson.
A really special gift for more than one reason ;)
This epigram that I share is the opening for her collection of poems on "Life".

Iyer

the vice men say...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings to life memories simple and sweet -

And you read your emily dickinson,
and i my robert frost,
And we note our place with bookmarkers
That measure what we’ve lost.

- sgfk

3 potties said...

Simon and Garfunkel indeed!

luv,

iyer

Shuchi said...

beautiful words...and indeed a very nice gift to give..:)

keep reading and relishing..

3 potties said...

I love poems that are short,sweet and precise
with rhythm and rhyme.
and can keep you engaged.

not a big fan of flowery language or even abstract stuff.
What i mean by abstract is "beating around the bush' and overvisiting a thought or feeling.

Lolly