Friday, April 15, 2005

Mumbai Xpress......Hold on to your seats

No its not a train, its the title of Kamal Hasaan's latest rip roaring, rollicking, a laugh a second movie. Phew that first line took a lot of thinking.....I nearly ran out of adjectives. If you all didn't know who Kamal Hasaan is, I advice you to run to the top of the tallest building you can find and jump off. He is one of the greatest actors in the world(Yes I mean it). There are very few who can match up to his stature in terms of acting prowess, the few who would come to mind are Tom Hanks, umm.....damn there aren't many names that come to mind. I mean which actor could do action, comedy, romance, tragedy(...did I miss any genre) with equal versatility and ease. He is an institution by himself and I would like to think I am one of his greatest fans.

Well let me come back to his movie, which I watched yesterday(which was the Tamil New Year when quite a few Tamil movies are released). The whole movie runs on a wafer thin storyline and manages to pull it off brilliantly. There are no comedians in the movie trying to do comedy or say funny lines....the humour is all in the situations the characters of the movie are placed in and how each one interprets it. All the characters fit perfectly into their roles except for manisha who stands out(just like her huge bust) like a sore thumb. Kamal Hassan has his own set of actors whom he faithfully repeats in his movies(Nasser, Ramesh Arvind, Kovai Sarala ...) and it works for him. The movie could have been edited by 15-20 minutes in the middle, but on the whole its one of his best comedies I have seen in recent times.
I don't want to say anything further about the movie and spoil your fun. Just go and watch it in the theatre...Its the least we can do for a Maestro like him.

Machee

3 comments:

3 potties said...

erm...the imagery of a huge bust and a sore thumb...kinda dont fit...

but yeah, nice movie...

iyer

Anonymous said...

u dont need to preach his movies.
known fact that he is immensly talented
ofcourse some people like him, some people dont.

3 potties said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.